Assistant Facilities Project Coordinator wanted at Roush in Livonia
Assistant Facilities Project Coordinator – Job ID 12514
At Roush, we fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 4,000 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage. We want motivated, ambitious people who put the needs of our customers first, bring creativity to their work and will do whatever it takes to achieve success. If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team.
Are you looking for a thriving company to join? Roush has an immediate need for an Assistant Facilities Project Coordinator to support our existing project management team, including a registered architect, within our Facilities department. In this role you will take ownership to effectively manage specific projects/tasks to completion within a budget and timeframe. You will work with internal teams and external contractors as you assist in the procurement of services, finishes, furnishings and equipment. The Assistant Facilities Project Coordinator will outline specifications for work to be performed onsite, send them out for pricing and coordinate installation.
This position will be located in Livonia, MI.
- Associate's degree in project management or in a construction-related field with 4+ years’ experience in project coordination, including cost-estimating, project timing and interfacing with the customer and contractors – OR – bachelor’s degree in project management or in a construction-related field with 2+ years’ experience in project coordination, including cost-estimating, project timing and interfacing with the customer and contractors within a corporate/industrial setting
- Must be skilled in construction cost estimating for non-residential construction projects
- Strength in onsite contractor coordination for construction processes and strong problem-solving skills
- Must be familiar with IBC, ADA, NFPA, and NEC codes
- Strong understanding of construction terms, scheduling, and planning concepts
- Assistant Facilities Project Coordinator must have the ability to read and interpret construction documents such as plans and specifications
- Adept to negotiate and solve problems within deadline driven environment
- Assistant Facilities Project Coordinator must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Must have a clean driving record and able to travel to local Metro Detroit buildings and work some flexible hours as needed
- PeopleSoft and MS Project experience
- AutoCAD experience using software to create estimates & modify existing drawings
- Office system furniture exposure and interior color selections
To apply, please visit the Roush careers page by clicking on this link: http://www.roush.com/careers
Our benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
At Roush, we are committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact the Recruiting Department at 734-779-7007 for further assistance. EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.