Michigan Custom Machines hiring Controls Engineer in Novi
Michigan Custom Machines
Michigan Custom Machines designs and builds advanced test machines for automotive and industrial component manufacturers, with leading expertise in hydraulics, controls, electronics, fixture design, and assembly line integration. Recently featured for the sixth time on Inc. Magazine's list of 5,000 fastest growing companies, we need passionate people who want to be a part of our amazing future!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join our growing team as a Controls Engineer. This position would be based at our Novi, MI facility the majority of the time. Occasional travel may be required to support the custom machines we build. The area would generally be in SE Michigan, however it is possible that occasional travel (less than 15% of the time) may be involved (for 3-5 day intervals) to troubleshoot a problem, make changes (upgrades) or to serve as an on-site support in a precautionary sense.
This job is perfect for a controls engineer who enjoys using their hands .
Michigan Custom Machines offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a warm and welcoming family style work environment, opportunities for continued learning and a great work/life balance!
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment background verification and drug screening.
Responsibilities and Duties
- "Start Up" equipment on customer's floor
- Make program changes to software as needed (not write from the ground up)
- Trouble shoot electrical, hydraulic and mechanical problems.
- Talk with Customer to understand problems and communicate progress
- Training customer on how to use the equipment
- Writing service call reports
- Tracking expenses
Qualifications and Skills
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- 5 to 10 years of hands-on practical work experience as a Controls Engineer or Field Service Engineer
- Bending and flaring tube (plumbing)
- Use of a multimeter
- Troubleshooting hydraulics
- Troubleshooting electrical systems
- Allen Bradley PLC programming and/or Siemens PLC Programming
- MS .NET and Visual Basic programming
- Understanding the manufacturing environment
- Simple fabrication such as drilling and tapping holes
- Knowledge of C Sharp/ C++ not mandatory, but would be a plus
How to apply
Send your resume to email@example.com
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.