Methodist Childrens Home Society looking for full time Youth Specialist
REDFORD, Mich – Job Title
Methodist Childrens Home Society
MCHS is currently looking for Residential Youth Specialist to serve the children in our care. As part of the group treatment team a Residential Youth Specialist care for and supervises the children in the agency's Residential program by performing home-life training, assisting with and participating in therapeutic activites and completing supportive record-keeping functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as a member of a group treatment team with the responsibility for ensuring each child successfully completes the goals set forth in their treatment plan
- Care for and ensure children are closely supervised and monitored at all times
- Assist children with daily life activities
- Lead,supervise, and participate in recreational activities
- Properly dispense medication
- Provide leadership and maintain discipline of children; provide assistance with controlling disruptive behavior using agency approved methods of de-escalation and crisis intervention.
- Collaborative with other staff in planning for the group or its individual members and participate in making decisions
- Keep required patient/child records; prepare and write reports
- Transports children as necessart in an agency vehicle (a current valid license is required)
Qualificaitons and Skills
High school diploma or equivalent's required
1-3 years of experience working in human services with serious emotional disorder (SED) at-risk youth males between the ages of 7-17 preferred
How to apply
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.