Ann Arbor, Michigan
Full time, hourly
Oxford Property Management is currently seeking a detail oriented team player to fill the building engineer position. This position will work on our commercial maintenance and repair team. In addition, the carpenter position receives a competitive base salary and bonus structure; comprehensive health care coverage, including dental and vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer match; paid time off; paid holidays; an employee share program; paid parking; on-site gym access; and training and development opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to service orders as requested by tenants or office in a timely manner, including after-hours calls while on-call. Promptly record detailed, professional and accurate notes on work orders
- Complete routine repairs to lighting, plumbing fixtures, walls, furniture, appliances, doors, and locks
- Ensure building grounds are compliant with city, state and federal safety and environmental laws, codes, standards and regulations, as well as presentable and identifying/resolving any plant and/or irrigation related matters
- Maintain working knowledge of building controls to include: electrical, plumbing, mechanical, BAS, building access, security, fire and elevators
- Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations
- Perform basic repairs including but not limited to carpentry repairs, floor repairs, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs and mechanical repairs
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
- Maintain all fire and life safety systems, and ensure all emergency lights are operational
- Ensure all exterior lighting is programmed per seasonal needs
- Resolve building leaks and repair any water damage
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent
- Working knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical control devices
- Knowledge of basic hand tools and power tools
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to instructions
- Familiarity with fire/life safety equipment/procedures, including fire pump pperation, elevator safety and emergency back-up generator's operation
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written or verbal instructions
- Demonstrate strong communication skills; ability to correspond in a professional, businesslike manner
- Ability to use smartphone and/or tablet for work orders, email, etc.
- Must have valid driver's license. Company vehicle will be provided.
How to apply
Apply on the careers page
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.