2 elderly women saved from Detroit house fire

Police say grandson cooking in kitchen accidentally started grease fire

Headline Goes Here

DETROIT - Two women have been rescued after a kitchen fire started in a Detroit home. 

The women's grandson was cooking on the stove,  when a grease fire started in the home, which is located in the 500 block of Lakewood Street - near Essex Avenue.

Firefighters say they rescued a 73-year-old grandma and a 90-year-old great grandma from inside the home.

The women were taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation, but they are expected to be fine.

The house had a few broken windows, but no major exterior damage.


Copyright 2012 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.