American Idol Live Contest Rules
1. General. By submitting an entry to this contest, sponsored by WDIV-TV, ClickOnDetroit.com, Chips Ahoy! and Ritz, Sponsors; contestant agrees to all of these Official Rules. No purchase necessary to enter to win. A purchase will not increase your odds of winning. All Federal, State, Local and Municipal Laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. Contest begins on Thursday, May 10, 2012, at 5:00pm and runs until Wednesday, May 16, 2012, at 1pm. All times in this contest refer to Eastern Time. By entering the drawing, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the drawing itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final. Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of the contest and award the prize from among entries received prior to the date of the withdrawal. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from this contest.
2. Eligibility. The contest is open to residents throughout the state of Michigan, 18 years or older at the time of entry and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by applicable federal or state laws and regulations. Employees of the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible.
3. How to Enter. Enter at ClickOnDetroit.com by entering required contact information. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsors. All entries become property of Sponsors and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute, all emailed entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the phone/email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email/phone account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email/phone account by the Internet access, cell phone service provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account/cell phone shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any contest applications by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
4. Grand Prize Winner Selection: Winners will be determined by a random drawing out of all available entries. Winner will be selected by a representative of the station on Wednesday, May 16, 2012, at 1pm.
Disclaimer: Winners assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by their participation in the contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release Sponsors, their respective parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, officers, directors, and employees, from any such liability. Sponsors assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's cell phone or computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Contest or the prize. Sponsors are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, errors in these rules, for any human or electronic error, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late, damaged, or postage due. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use each winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. Entrants using electronic entry must be the registered subscriber of the email account from which the entry is made. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will win one (1) pair of tickets for the American Idol Live Tour on Friday, July 6, 2012, at the Joe Louis Arena. The prize is worth $114.40 and has no cash value. Winners may be required to complete a liability and publicity release, or the prize will be forfeited and alternate winner selected.
Winner Notification and Acceptance. Grand prize and qualifying winners will be notified by telephone on or about the above given dates. WDIV-TV will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form. Winner may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are not assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes.
5. Contest Publicity Guidelines. All winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) to participate in the contest. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a finalists or grand prize winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, by submitting the contest application, agreeing to participate in the contest and / or accepting any prize constitutes the finalists and grand prize winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsors.
6. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the contest judges. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the contest. Should the contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsors reserve the right to award prizes based on the remaining finalist.
7. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The American Idol Live Tour Free Friday is sponsored by WDIV-TV, ClickOnDetroit.com, Chips Ahoy! and Ritz. The decisions of Sponsor and contest judges regarding the selection of the grand prize winner/secondary prize winners and all other aspects of the contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the contest. If you have any questions regarding this contest, please contact a representative at WDIV-TV located at 550 West Lafayette, Detroit, Michigan 48226.