Wayne County prosecutor receives warrant request in stolen Detroit casket case
Casket, body of 93-year-old man allegedly stolen by son
DETROIT – The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office said Wednesday it had received a warrant request in the case involving a son who allegedly stole his father's casket in an effort to help resurrect him.
The casket containing the body of 93-year-old Clarence Bright was discovered missing Monday from Gethsemane Cemetery.
Police took Bright's son and another man into custody Tuesday morning after discovering the casket in a van at a gas station at Harper Avenue and Dickerson Street.
Bright's body was later found in a freezer in the son's home on Eastlawn Street.
Sources said Bright's son had told family and friends he thought God would bring his father back to life.
The prosecutor's office said it would release more information after the warrant had been reviewed.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.