Detroit man refuses to pay restaurant bill, arrested after police chase
Marlon Stanfield given chance by police to pay bill at Buffalo Wild Wings, but instead he takes off
FERNDALE, Mich. – A man who refused to pay a $16 restaurant bill is now facing criminal charges after also fleeing Ferndale police.
Police said the Buffalo Wild Wings on 9 Mile Road reported a man Tuesday who had walked out on his bill.
The suspect was spotted and pulled over by an officer near 8 Mile and Livernois and was given the chance to go back to the restaurant to pay.
But while the officer was talking to him, police said the suspect put his car in gear, yelled an obscenity and pulled away -- almost running the officer over.
Police chased the suspect for a short while but then stopped and went to wait for him at his home. Police said he showed up 20 minutes later and was arrested for fleeing police and failing to pay the bill. The suspect, 35-year-old Detroit resident Marlon Cortez Stanfield, also has a criminal past that includes theft and criminal sexual conduct.
Stanfield was arraigned Wednesday and bond was set at $15,000 cash/surety.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Liver failure likely caused deadly Rochester Hills crash
- Troy Transit Center starts to take shape
- Attorney wants answers in Royal Oak home explosion
- Defense: Sandra Layne is not a murderer
- Tests ordered for suspect in Farmington woman's murder
- Royal Oak: We don't discriminate
- Oakland County among busiest commuter traffic counties
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.