TAYLOR, Mich. – A student at a Taylor school found a backpack that contained a large amount of cash Monday morning.
Taylor Chief of Police Mary Sclabassi says the money was found at the Sixth Grade Academy located in Taylor.
Inside the backpack, a student found $20,000 in cash. Sclabassi said the case was "extremely unusual."
Police say the pack belongs to another student, who is now being questioned about the money. Police are also talking to that student's parents.
- Report: School safety routinely ignored in Michigan
- YUCK! Pic of moldy casserole takes internet by storm
- 6 teens killed when SUV flips into pond
- Awrey's Bakery back in business Monday
- Funeral Monday for Miracles founder Bobby Rogers
- 6 injured after car runs stop sign in NW Detroit
- Detroit police: 2011 slaying suspect turns self in