Lenox Township woman arrested for driving under influence of drugs with 2 children
Kristi Klein-O'Connell stopped in Chesterfield Township, children turned over to family member
CHESTERFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. – The Macomb County Sheriff's Office said a 32-year-old mother of was arrested Sunday for driving under the influence of drugs with her two children in the car.
In a statement about the incident, deputies said they pulled Kristi Klein-O'Connell over for erratic driving on Gratiot Avenue near 23 Mile Road in Chesterfield Township and noticed a 2-year-old and 4-year-old unrestrained in the back set. The car also smelled of marijuana and deputies said they were told by the mother that she had a medical marijuana card.
She failed sobriety tests and was arrested. Her children were turned over to a family member.
Deputies said they also found numerous pills in her possession for which she didn't have prescriptions for.
She has been charged with possession of a controlled substance and operating while under the influence of drugs.
Klein-O'Connell is a Lenox Township resident.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Groesbeck Highway resurfacing project kicks off
- Shelby Township firefighters hurt in crash
- Body parts found in Macomb County sewer belong to women
- Warren police: Body parts belong to 2 women
- Man charged in obese wife's death will not go to prison
- Warren man put on probation for death of bedridden wife
- Man who took off in ambulance charged with drunken driving
- Warren mayor to give State of City
- Sterling Heights bee colonies destroyed
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.