Families forced out in the cold after apartment fire
Southfield Fire Officials say careless cooking started the blaze
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. – Several families were left out in the cold after a fire ripped through an apartment building in Southfield.
The flames broke out just before 2 a.m. Sunday at the Providence Tower Apartments on Nine Mile Road. Southfield Fire Officials say a cooking fire started the blaze on the seventh floor of the complex.
It took several hours and assistance from six other fire departments to tackle the fire. Firefighters tell Local 4 the apartment complex is in very bad shape.
The apartment management provided a place for residents to stay overnight. The American Red Cross was also on scene providing toiletries, cots, and blankets.
Southfield Fire Officials say nobody was injured in the blaze.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.