Heidelberg's 'Clock House' destroyed by fire
Sunday night's fire was 8th in 7 months at art project on Detroit's east side
DETROIT – Another fire has led to another loss at the Heidelberg Project in Detroit.
Sunday night, flames destroyed the Clock House on Elba Street.
The fire was the eighth in seven months at the outdoor art installation off Mount Elliot Street.
Since May, fires have leveled the Obstruction of Justice House, the War house, the House of Soul, and the Penny House.
Project creator Tyree Guyton transformed his decaying, crime-ridden neighborhood into the interactive sculpture park on Detroit's east side. His work began in 1986.
The project has since started security patrols and is fundraising.
- Another fire at Detroit's Heidelberg Project
- Heidelberg founder: 'Put an end to the madness'
- Heidelberg Project fire devastation won't deter founder
- Suspicious fires plague art installation
- Fire destroys "Penny House" at Heidelberg Project
- Police have person of interest in Heidelberg Project fire
- Flashpoint web-exclusive: Tyree Guyton, Jenenne Whitfield
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.