Man electrocuted by downed wire in Warren

Man dead after coming in contact with downed wire in backyard

WARREN, Mich. – A man is dead after being electrocuted because of a downed wire in a backyard, authorities said.

The incident happened Friday night at 13870 Julius Ave. in Warren.

Local 4 has learned the man went into the backyard, did not realize a wire was down and ended up being electrocuted.

Crews with DTE Energy were busy Friday night trying to deal with downed wires across southeast Michigan.

DTE Energy said about 350,000 customers were without power as thunderstorms swept through the area. About 1,000 power poles were reportedly down due to the storms.