DETROIT – High wind watches have been issued for the following counties in southeastern Michigan:
- This high wind watch lasts until at least Monday morning. Here are some tips to remember:
- A powerful cold front will move through Southeast Michigan during Monday afternoon. Southwest wind gusts in the 50 to 60 mph range are possible from Monday afternoon through Monday evening.
- There is also potential for wind gusts near 50 mph with rain showers just along and ahead of the front which could begin by late morning.
- Wind gusts in the 50 to 60 mph range could potentially be damaging to structures...hazardous to motorists...and to those engaged in outdoor activity.
- A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.