High wind watches issued for SE Michigan counties
DETROIT – High wind watches have been issued for the following counties in southeastern Michigan:
- This high wind watch lasts until at least Monday morning. Here are some tips to remember:
- A powerful cold front will move through Southeast Michigan during Monday afternoon. Southwest wind gusts in the 50 to 60 mph range are possible from Monday afternoon through Monday evening.
- There is also potential for wind gusts near 50 mph with rain showers just along and ahead of the front which could begin by late morning.
- Wind gusts in the 50 to 60 mph range could potentially be damaging to structures...hazardous to motorists...and to those engaged in outdoor activity.
- A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph... or gusts of 58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Copyright 2014 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.