Candlelit evening turns deadly in Taylor
Man killed in house fire; woman taken to hospital
TAYLOR, Mich. – A romantic evening turned deadly Saturday morning when a house fire killed a man in Taylor.
The house fire occurred around 3 a.m. on the 6800 block of Marvin Street, near Van Born and Beech Daly roads, according to police.
A couple was in the home and had fallen asleep with a number of candles lit. They awoke to a fire that had started and attempted to flee the home.
The 27-year-old woman made it out of the house. She was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
The 28-year-old man was overcome by the fire and was found dead at the scene.
Neighbors said a child lives in the home, but was at a relative's home for the night.
Copyright 2015 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.