ACLU to host police misconduct forum in Detroit
DETROIT – The American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan is hosting a daylong hearing Wednesday about law-enforcement practices and relationships between police and local communities. The hearing comes amidst a rising concern around Michigan over police misconduct and accountability.
The hearing will be at 10 a.m. in the ACLU of Michigan headquarters in Detroit.
Officials will cover specific concerns related to law enforcement's relationships within local communities and try to resolve those concerns.
Experts scheduled to participate in the hearing include:
- Kalamazoo Police Chief Jeffrey Hadley
- Flint Police Chief James Tolbert
- Susan Declercq, U.S. Attorney
- Ron Scott, Detroit Coalition Against Police Brutality
- Bill Goodman and Julie Hurwitz of Goodman & Hurwitz PC
- Buck Davis and Cynthia Hennan, Esq.
- Dawud Walid, Council on American-Islamic Relations
- Lillian Reyes, Affirmations
Copyright 2015 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.