DETROIT – Two people were killed Wednesday afternoon in a fire at a house on Detroit's west side.
The home is in the 14000 block of Mark Twain Street. Three family members were inside the home with a kerosene heater in the basement. They were trying to stay warm when the heater set the basement on fire.
A 40-year-old man was able to escape. However, his uncle and girlfriend, both in their 60s, died in the flames.
Detroit firefighters were at the home controlling the flames.
This fire is under investigation.