Michael Moore: Don't send bottled water to Flint
Documentary maker urging a revolt
Flint native Michael Moore is urging people to stop sending bottled water to Flint.
The documentary maker is urging the public to sign a petition against Gov. Rick Snyder in an online post titled “How can you help Flint? Do not send us any bottles of water. Instead join us in a revolt.”
He said on in his letter, “You can’t help. The reason you can’t help is that you cannot reverse the irreversible brain damage that has been inflicted upon every single child in Flint.”
Instead, Moore says the following needs to be done:
1. Demand the removal and arrest of Rick Snyder, the Governor of Michigan.
2. Make the State of Michigan pay for the disaster that the State of Michigan created.
3. The Federal Government must then be placed in charge.
4. Evacuate any and all Flint residents who want to leave now
5. For those who choose to stay in Flint, FEMA must create a temporary water system in each home.
So far, the petition has more than 473,000 signatures.
You can view the open letter and petition here.
Click here for complete coverage of the Flint water crisis.
Copyright 2016 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.