Anchor Bay High School evacuated because of bathroom fire
IRA TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Anchor Bay High School was evacuated Monday morning because of a fire in a bathroom, Clay Township police said.
Sky 4 over the scene showed the students lined up outside the high school, which is off County Line Road.
Police said the fire was out, but didn't say how it started.
Students were let back in when the scene was cleared.
In a statement released Monday afternoon, the high school said the source of the fire was a toilet paper dispenser.
Here is the full statement from the high school:
"This morning, Anchor Bay High School was evacuated due to a small fire. The source of the fire was determined to be a toilet paper dispenser. Police and fire departments responded immediately and there was no danger to student safety at any time. Students were released for the remainder of the day."
Copyright 2016 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.