70-year-old man dies of carbon monoxide poisoning on Detroit's west side
DETROIT – A 70-year-old man was found dead Tuesday morning in his apartment in Detroit and investigators believe he died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The apartment building is on Greenfield Road, near Warren Avenue.
Sources said the man was heating his apartment with his stove and he passed out while calling 911.
EMS technicians cannot force entry into a home so a neighbor broke a window and unlocked the door. The man was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Copyright 2016 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.