56ºF

Firefighters battle flames at the Palace of Auburn Hills

Fire was on structure's second floor

Firefighters responded to a small kitchen fire Dec. 20, 2016 at the Palace of Auburn Hills. (WDIV)
Firefighters responded to a small kitchen fire Dec. 20, 2016 at the Palace of Auburn Hills. (WDIV)

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – Firefighters responded to the Palace of Auburn Hills Tuesday for a fire.

The fire was on the second floor of the structure. 

The Auburn Hills Fire Department released the following statement:

"At 10:33 AM on today’s date, Auburn Hills fire personnel were dispatched to The Palace of Auburn Hills on a report of a fire in the kitchen ventilation system. Employees at the Palace started evacuating the building as fire personnel responded. The Palace was not hosting an event at the time of the fire. Fire personnel arrived on scene and found fire coming from a ventilation system that extends from the main kitchen to the southeast side of the building. A second alarm was activated by Auburn Hills fire command. Fire personnel from Rochester Hills, Rochester, Orion Twp., Independence Twp., and Waterford Regional assisted on the scene. Personnel from Oakland Twp. and STAR EMS provided coverage in the city during the incident. Auburn Hills police and a helicopter from the Oakland County Sheriff’s office also assisted on scene. The fire was primarily contained to the kitchen hood ventilation system with minor extension to one wall. The initial investigation indicates the suppression system in the kitchen hood vent did not activate. The fire inside the duct work consumed the grease fuel and burnt out. The kitchen was the only area impacted by the fire. Palace employees were allowed to return to work in other areas of the building once the fire was confirmed to be extinguished. No Palace employees or firefighters were injured during the fire."

No other information was made available.

Stay with Local 4 and ClickonDetroit.com for updates.