Boy, 4, dies after routine anesthesia for dental procedure, mom says
A Washington mother is waiting for answers to why her four year old son died last week -- after receiving anesthesia at the dentist.
Mykel Peterson's mother said a board certified anesthesiologist administered a shot of the common anesthesia Ketamine.
The drug put him totally under while the dentist looked at whether he needed fillings or a crown for a cavity.
The procedure itself went well, but Mykel stopped breathing and never regained consciousness.
Staff members performed CPR and called 911. Mykel was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The Washington State Department of Health is reviewing the case to decide if they'll open an investigation.
The Clark County medical examiner says the cause of death is pending until toxicology results are finalized in 6-8 weeks.
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.