4 hospitalized with CO poisoning on Detroit's west side

Incident might have been caused by broken furnace

DETROIT – Four people from Detroit's west side were taken to the hospital Friday morning with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officials said the victims were in the 15400 block of Pierson Street near Fenkell Avenue around 9:30 a.m. when they complained of headaches.

A 54-year-old man, a 37-year-old woman, a 14-year-old boy and an 11-year-old girl were taken to the hospital, police said.

The incident might have been caused by a broken furnace, officials said.

The severity of the victims' injuries was not disclosed.

Stay with ClickOnDetroit.com for updates.

About the Author:

Derick is the Lead Digital Editor for ClickOnDetroit and has been with Local 4 News since April 2013. Derick specializes in breaking news, crime and local sports.