Royal Oak man charged with stabbing 2 men at apartment complex
Frederick Harris faces up to 10 years behind bars
ROYAL OAK, Mich. – A Royal Oak man was charged Wednesday in connection with a stabbing attack earlier this week at an apartment complex.
Frederick Lewis Harris, 35, is charged with two counts of assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder. Harris could face up to 10 years in prison.
Harris is being held on $25,000 bail. He is scheduled to return to court July 11.
His history includes a conviction for driving with a suspended license, officials said.
The other people involved in the incident will not be charged, Royal Oak police said.
A 35-year-old man was taken into custody Sunday after he was shot following an altercation in which two men were stabbed at an apartment complex in Royal Oak.
According to police, the incident happened at about 2 p.m. at the Woodward North Apartments.
Police arrived on the scene and found a 26-year-old man stabbed in the arm and a 35-year-old man shot in the leg.
The initial investigation revealed that the 26-year-old Lathrup Village resident came to the apartments to confront the 35-year-old man about an ongoing personal disagreement. The argument escalated and a fight ensued.
Police said the 35-year-old man fled into an apartment and returned with several knives. He allegedly stabbed the 26-year-old man.
A third person, who accompanied the 26-year-old and was also stabbed, shot the 35-year-old man, according to police. Authorities located the Detroit man and he was taken into custody. The man is a CPL holder and was later released.
The 35-year-old man was arrested and remains in custody. The 26-year-old was taken into custody and was later released.
Anyone with information about the fight is asked to contact the Royal Oak Police Criminal Investigation Division Lt. Keith Spencer at 248-246-3456.
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.