VIDEO: American flag burned to a crisp in Virginia caught on surveillance
This surveillance video from a homeowner in Richmond, Virginia shows a suspect burning an American flag in the middle of the night.
The arsonist is seen standing on the porch before he pulls out a lighter and sets fire to the flag. He walks away and the flag burns completely off the pole.
Watch the video above.
According to a report from WWBT, the homeowner awoke Wednesday morning and noticed his flag was missing. It wasn't until he viewed the surveillance footage that he realized it had been burned away. He says the burning took place at 2:15 a.m. and that the suspect initially tried to steal the flag, but was unable to remove it.
The homeowner said he was lucky his house didn't burn down.
No one is in custody at this time. Police are investigating. They say the suspect is at least facing a vandalism charge.
More national headlines:
- Woman fatally shoots boyfriend in YouTube stunt
- 'Maybe he's nuts but that doesn't make him guilty'
- Man gets life for murder of toddler found in trash bag
- Travel ban to begin tonight: Here's what to expect
- Want to live in Canada and the U.S. at the same time? Here's your chance
- Moms everywhere are freaking out over simplicity of new car seat trick
- Perjury charge against former trooper in Sandra Bland case dismissed
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.