A man's body was found floating in Lake Michigan on Tuesday about a mile from Leland Harbor, UPNorthLive.com reports.
Investigators are working to identify the man, according to the report:
Leelanau County Sheriff Mike Borkovich tell us there were no unoccupied boats in the area and no reports of a missing boater or missing swimmer.
The Coast Guard is currently searching the area to make sure there aren't any unoccupied boats in the area.
"It's a mystery as far as who is this individual," said Sheriff Borkovich.
The man is described to be 55 to 70 years old with gray hair. Deputies are not sure how long he was in the water.
According to a report from 9&10 News, the body was found Tuesday morning by a fisherman and an autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
LOCAL NEWS HEADLINES:
- Michigan man dies after being thrown from watercraft on Magician Lake
- Flint airport terror suspect Amor Ftouhi due in court today
- Man shot, killed during block party fireworks celebration in Highland Park
- Ford Road reopens in both directions at Central City Parkway after crash
- Downed transformer sparks multiple fires on Detroit's east side; power outages reported
- Police crack down on Detroit's riverfront
- Man charged in suspected drunken driving crash that killed 19-year-old in Saline
- Fire caused by fireworks in Shelby Twp. very minor, fire chief says
- WEATHER: Metro Detroit weather forecast: Wonderful Wednesday on tap
- Flat Rock woman says employees laughed at boy with autism after family kicked out of Taylor business
- Victim uncooperative after shooting at gas station on Detroit's east side