ROYAL OAK, Mich. – The Detroit Zoo’s Wild Summer Nights concert series begins Wednesday, July 5.
Concerts are held Wednesday nights at the zoo in July and August and are free with zoo admission.
The performances include local bands that cover a variety of genres, including children’s, pop, blues, country, rock and classical.
Attendees can bring blankets, lawn chairs and picnic baskets. Food, snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks will be available for purchase, though outside alcohol is prohibited.
The concerts are in the Main Picnic Grove from 6:30-8 p.m.
The full concert schedule is below:
- July 5 – The Euphorics (pop)
- July 12 – Detroit Social Club (country blues)
- July 19 – Tom Seley and the Troublemakers (children’s)
- July 26 – Michigan Opera Theatre (opera)
- Aug. 2 – Steve King & the Dittilies (Motown)
- Aug. 9 – Athens Creek (indie folk)
- Aug. 16 – Detroit Symphony Orchestra (classical)
- Aug. 23 – Gary Greenfelder Orchestra (big band)
- Aug. 30 – Cosmic Groove (pop)