An explosion blew apart a dorm at Murray State University in Kentucky last week. The blast was captured on a surveillance camera across from the dorm.
The video shows the sudden explosion. It is so strong that it appears to turn the camera from its initial position. There is then an additional impact on the side of the dorm.
Watch the video above.
According to WPSD, two people were injured in the blast. One was treated at the scene. The other was hospitalized and has since been released. The explosion damaged three other dorms and a dining hall.
Investigators believe natural gas spontaneously combusted. It is still under investigation.
More NATIONAL headlines:
- Rep. Steve Scalise readmitted to intensive care unit
- Hobby Lobby to pay $3 million fine, forfeit smuggled ancient artifacts
- Rare 5.8-magnitude earthquake hits Montana
- Hiker falls to his death at Crater Lake National Park
- Prosecutor: Kidnapping suspect discussed 'ideal victim'
- Police spokesman announced brother's killing
- SpaceX rocket finally lifts off after two aborted launch attempts
- No, NPR was not trying to start a revolution
- Virgin Galactic gears up for first powered test flights since crash