DASHCAM: South Carolina chase with baby aboard ends with car flipping, suspect fighting deputy
Dashcam video has been released of a South Carolina pursuit last week where the driver, with his baby daughter aboard, led police at high speeds for six miles before flipping over.
The chase ends as officers pull up to the overturned vehicle. The driver gets out of the car and attempts to fight the deputy, all the while with his 1-year-old daughter in his arms.
Watch the video above.
According to WYFF, Bryan Martin, 22, was arrested and now faces several charges including child endangerment, reckless driving, and possession of marijuana. Martin appeared before a judge Sunday and his bond was set at more than $100,000.
The chase began after officers responded to a 911 call about "suspicious people" at a large party. Martin then initiated a chase, leading officers for six miles and reaching speeds of 90 miles per hour.
The baby was transported to a hospital and is expected to be okay. She is now with family.
The mother made statements both condemning and defending Martin's actions.
More NATIONAL headlines:
- Foul play suspected in disappearances of 4 men in Pennsylvania
- VIDEO: Knockout punch in South Florida leaves victim with serious injuries
- Military plane crashes in Mississippi, 16 dead
- Video shows police officer beating homeless woman
- Police: Security firm hired to monitor embattled Penn State frat
- Akron school officers will carry drug overdose antidote Narcan
- Demolition reveals centuries-old wine collection
- Explosion reported outside Air Force recruiting office
- How a mom became the target of a neo-Nazi troll storm
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.