DETROIT – Several Michigan beaches are facing closures due to an increased bacteria level.
The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality flagged 12 Michigan beaches for increased bacteria levels.
Some of the levels are due to runoff, while some are listed as unknown.
The 12 beaches are:
- Ross Lake - Beaverton City Park Gladwin
- Lake Erie - Luna Pier City Beach Monroe
- White Lake - Maple Park Muskegon
- Lake St. Clair - H.C.M.A. - Lake St. Clair Metropark Beach Macomb
- Lake Michigan - Cross Village Beach Emmet
- Lake Michigan - Wilderness State Park Emmet
- Scotch Lake - Scotch Lake Residents Oakland
- Lake Huron - Caseville County Park Huron
- Kiwassee Lake - Stratford Woods Park Beach Midland
- Saginaw Bay-Lake Huron - Brissette Beach Township Park Bay
- Saginaw Bay-Lake Huron - South Linwood Beach Township Park Bay
- Cass Lake - Pontiac Yacht Club Oakland