DETROIT – A 17-year-old boy who was kidnapped in Detroit Tuesday was found safe Saturday.
Jaylon Wilson was abducted around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 7300 block of Westwood Street.
It had been an all-out search for the 17-year-old after witnesses saw three men carry him out of a house on Westwood Street off Warren Avenue, kicking and screaming, on Detroit's west side. The men threw Wilson in the back seat of a car and were beating him.
Since Tuesday, Detroit police feared the teenager was in danger, but sources told Local 4 News that Wilson told police he was held in the basement of a house not far from where he vanished.
The teen's story is still sketchy, but sources said he managed to break free from those holding him Friday morning, then ran to his cousin's house a good distance away.
From there, sources said Wilson told officers that he went to a hospital to get checked out. Police confirm Wilson is fine and had no serious injuries.
Despite escaping from his kidnappers Friday, it took him 24 hours to finally walk into the 6th Precinct, letting officers know he was safe.
Police said there's a lot to sort out, including the details of exactly what happened the four days he was missing, and more importantly, why he was kidnapped.
Wilson has not been able to provide police a better description about the three men who kidnapped him. Police said they consider the men to be dangerous.
The Detroit Police Department released limited information because obviously the men know what Wilson looks like, and they could potentially come after him again.