Two people were injured after their plane went down on an East Texas highway Tuesday. The crash was captured on police dashcam video.
The plane is seen flying over the highway when it begins losing speed and altitude. The small plane falls to the ground just off the side of the road and the officer pulls over.
Watch the video above.
According to KETK, the victims in the plane were sent to the hospital in serious condition. One witness said that after the crash, one man was lying on the ground unconscious and another was walking around.
The officer who witnessed the crash says he was driving home from work when the incident occurred.
It is unclear what caused the plane to go down. The plane had refueled at a regional airport just prior to the crash.
An FAA official identified the plane as a Cessna 150F.
More NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL headlines:
- Chicago: Northwestern professor, Oxford employee sought in stabbing death of Michigan man.
- Maryland: Woman drowns in sand after taking solo walk on beach.
- Off the Strip: 10 places to explore beyond Las Vegas.
- NASA: Space agency seeking to hire planetary protection officer.
- Texting Suicide: Michelle Carter faces 20 years.
- Ford: 3 cops hospitalized by possible carbon monoxide leaks in Ford SUVs.