9 Michigan beaches cited for high bacteria levels
Some of the levels are due to runoff
DETROIT – Several Michigan beaches are facing closures due to an increased bacteria level.
The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality flagged nine Michigan beaches for increased bacteria levels.
Some of the levels are due to runoff, while some are listed as unknown.
The 9 beaches are:
- Ross Lake - Beaverton City Park Gladwin
- Lake St. Clair - St. Clair Shores Memorial Park Beach Macomb
- Good Harbor Creek - Good Harbor Creek Outlet Leelanau
- Grand Traverse Bay-West - Sunset Park Grand Traverse
- Lake St. Clair - H.C.M.A. - Lake St. Clair Metropark Beach Macomb
- Muskegon River - Crawford Park Osceola
- Eagle Lake - Lakeland Estates Oakland
- Detroit River - Belle Isle Beach Wayne
- Otter Creek - Sleeping Bear Dunes-Otter Creek Benzie
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.