A Houston taxi driver ended up with a unexpected passenger Friday when a hawk swooped into his car to take refuge from the approaching Hurricane Harvey.
William Bruso posted several videos of the hawk on YouTube. He said the bird flew in when he stepped out of his cab to record some video.
Bruso claimed he tried to get the bird out, but the hawk refused to leave.
Watch the video above.
Bruso named the hawk "Sgt. Hurricane Harvey." He eventually took the bird home with him where he fed and took care of it.
On Saturday, the hawk was retrieved by the Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation Coalition in Houston. Bruso says that Sgt. Hurricane Harvey is now in great hands.
More NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL headlines:
- Hurricane Harvey: Live updates as Houston braces for even more flooding.
- Texas Flooding: How you can help.
- Hurricane Harvey: Citizens with boats "go try to save some lives."
- Houston: Taxi driver picks up unexpected passenger as Hurricane Harvey approaches.
- Target: Redesign shows future look of stores.
- Uber: Who is new CEO Dara Khosrowshahi?