DETROIT – The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is looking for volunteers to help at southeast Michigan state parks and recreation areas during October.
Volunteers will locate and cut invasive shrubs and gather seeds.
Opportunities are available in Livingston, Oakland, St. Clair, Wasthenaw and Wayne counties. Volunteers are asked to bring work gloves
For more information, including how to register and maps to work sites, click here.
Below is the full October schedule:
- Sunday, Oct. 1: Algonac State Park -- St. Clair County, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 7: Bald Mountain Recreation Area -- Oakland County, 9 a.m. to noon
- Saturday, Oct. 21: Belle Isle Park -- Wayne County, 9 a.m. to noon
- Saturday, Oct. 21: Algonac State Park -- St. Clair County, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 22: Highland Recreation Area -- Oakland County, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 28: Waterloo Recreation Area -- Washtenaw County, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct 29: Island Lake Recreation Area -- Livingston County, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For information about additional volunteer opportunities, contact Laurel Malvitz-Draper at 517-719-2285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.