Mom says 4-year-old son served alcoholic milkshake
Restaurant reviewing training procedures
CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, Pa. – A Pennsylvania woman said she was upset when her 4-year-old son was served a milkshake containing vodka, WPXI-TV reports.
Brianne Mckee told the TV station she was at BRGR restaurant in Cranberry on Sunday with her son Stryler. As a treat, Stryler got a milkshake to go.
Stryler finished about half of the shake when he told his mom he wasn't feeling well, the TV report said.
Mckee then looked at the receipt which showed "Adult smores," a milkshake with vodka in it.
"You're just in such shock and you don't know to scream, or cry, or what you should do, because you're supposed to protect your child," Mckee told WPXI.
BRGR gave Mckee her money back and sent WPXI a statement.
"We sincerely apologize to the family involved," the statement said. "This is unacceptable and we are taking this matter very seriously."
The restaurant said it is reviewing its training procedures on alcohol to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Mckee said she was going to take her son to their doctor as a precaution.