Metro Detroit Crime Report -- Oct. 8, 2018
Today's crime report begins in Roseville where a 75-year-old woman was found dead in a burned home.
The fire happened Saturday morning. Police said Monday that arson is suspected and that the woman may have been dead inside the home the day before the fire. A 42-year-old woman also was at the home. She was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Doughnut shop just a front for drug money laundering?
Holy Moly Donut Shop has been one of Detroit's hottest shops, but federal investigators believe it's all for fraud. The shop was still open and still doing business as of Friday night, but it's not certain for how much longer.
The indictment said money from the shuttered marijuana dispensary next door would be laundered through the doughnut shop.
Another gas station smash-and-grab
Smash-and-grab robberies have become all too common in Metro Detroit. The latest one was Monday morning in Clinton Township where thieves used a stolen minivan to slam into a gas station at 15 Mile Road and Harper Avenue. They stole the ATM, left the vehicle and escaped in another vehicle.
Thankfully, no one was inside the station at the time.
Neighborhood rattled after woman's body discovered in back alley
Her death is being treated as a homicide. Neighbors spent the day watching Michigan State police and River Rouge police comb through the vacant property after a passer-by called 911 to report discovering the victim's body in a back alley.
Search for gunman in Detroit
Police are asking for the public’s assistance in locating a man wanted in connection with a shooting that occurred on the city’s west side. Ervaughn Jamel Griffin is suspected of shooting a woman early Saturday morning at the Sunoco gas station located in the 19000 block of Seven Mile Road.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Detroit Police Department at 313-596-5840 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK- UP.
Crime by county
- Detroit councilman Gabe Leland indicted on bribery charges
- Southfield Freeway shooting: Victims uncooperative after at least 50 shots fired
- Westland sergeant, 2 paramedics charged after man dies in police custody
- Missing Melvindale man found dead
- Husband charged after human remains found in Ecorse identified as missing Detroit mother of 4
- Teenager shot near Osborn High School on Detroit's east side, police say
- Man accused of having dozens of unregistered guns sparks standoff in Sterling Heights
- Police seek more victims of suspected child rapist
- Sterling Heights man gets 15 years in prison for starting house fire that killed teen brother
- Pontiac High School student arrested for threatening to shoot students after fight
- Man, woman lead officers on chase after pulling gun on Troy Walmart employee
- Northville Township homeowner fights off home invader
For more crime news head to the ClickOnDetroit Crime News page -- right here.
Manage your ClickOnDetroit newsletter subscriptions here.
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.