Metro Detroit Crime Report -- Dec. 12, 2018
Teen fatally shot in quiet Roseville neighborhood
A 17-year-old boy from Detroit was shot and killed Tuesday night in Roseville.
Investigators say this happened about 10:40 p.m. on Pinehurst Street between 12 Mile Road and Wellworth Street. The boy was found lying on his back on the sidewalk. He was rushed to a hospital with a gunshot wound but did not survive.
Brothers from Ohio indicted for supplying lethal opioids
Two brothers have been indicted on charges of distributing and conspiring to distribute fentanyl resulting in the overdose death of a victim, United States Attorney Matthew Schneider.
Stranger danger alert in Canton Township
Canton police are searching for the suspect involved in a suspicious situation that reportedly happened at a bus stop Tuesday. At around 7:20 a.m. a student from Plymouth-Canton Community Schools was waiting at the bus stop located near Ardsley and Burnham roads.
Glass case smashed at Tiffany & Co.
Here's a brazen crime at a jewelry store. The suspect used a hammer to break into a glass jewelry case at Tiffany & Co., police say. He then grabbed a handful of jewelry and fled the scene after smashing the glass case.
Crime by county
- Eight men from around the country sentenced in international child pornography production ring
- State officials: Canton cemetery improperly storing more than 300 infant, fetal remains in crypts
- Wayne County man charged in illegal killing of bull elk
- 18-year-old shot outside liquor store at Trinity, 7 Mile on Detroit's west side
- 17-year-old Detroit boy shot, killed on Roseville street
- Man driving with open intoxicants, suspended license fires shots on I-75 in Hazel Park, police say
- Oakland County father critically injures 2-month-old daughter by shaking her, police say
View the full Crime News section at ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/crime.
Manage your ClickOnDetroit newsletter subscriptions here.
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.