ClickOnDetroit Morning Report -- Jan. 31, 2019
DETROIT – Here is the ClickOnDetroit Morning Report for Jan. 30, 2019.
Governor wants thermostats at 65 degrees
You can call this a suggestion or a mandate from Michigan officials, but there is valid concern after a fire Wednesday in northern Macomb County disrupted Michigan's natural gas flow. The fire in Armada Township forced closed a gas compressor station that would not be noticed otherwise.
- Here's why you got that emergency alert on your phone last night.
- How school closings during Michigan state of emergency affect district limits
- WATCH: Items to never leave in your vehicle during extreme cold
- READ: How sub-zero temps affect car engines, batteries
- SCIENCE: Why your tire pressure warning light turns on during cold weather
- SHARE: Good Neighbors -- Stories of Metro Detroiters helping each other through winter
- Stay up to date on School Closings here as the cold weather continues this week.
- all 4 Pets -- What to do if you see a pet left outside in the cold
It's so cold still, but relief is just around the corner
The Wind Chill Warning has been extended until 2 p.m. Thursday, but we still need to stay vigilant about layers and protecting all exposed skin outside.
The Local 4Casters say a big swing in temperatures is coming this weekend! We should see sun and clouds becoming only partly sunny Saturday with highs into the mid to maybe upper 30s and lighter winds.
- See the full forecast here.
- LIVE VIDEO: Polar vortex forecast and current temperatures for Midwest, East Coast
Find the latest local and national weather news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
- Arrest made after adopted pit bull mix found dead from 'one of worst cases' of abuse in Utica
- Prosecutors: Feds ran phony school in Metro Detroit to bust immigration scam
- Metro Detroit women share wisdom, struggles through podcasts
- Police investigating after 2 shot inside car on Detroit's east side
- Rochester teacher accused of sex with students gave one Xanax, prosecutors say
- VIDEO: Lake Orion police: Driver didn't know his car was on fire when officer pulled him over
- DDOT, SMART offering free bus rides in Metro Detroit as temperatures stay low
- Detroit Metro Airport battles cold temperatures to avoid closure
- Suspect in fatal Southfield Freeway shooting of 3-year-old boy turns himself in to police
- CLOSED: Many courts are closed in Metro Detoit due to the cold -- view list here.
For more Local News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local.
For more National News headlines, head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/national.
- Quiz: How well can you recall Super Bowls of the past?
- Breaking down every team still in race for No. 1 seeds in NCAA Tournament
- Michigan, Michigan State among 6 teams currently battling for No. 1 seeds
For more local and national sports news go to ClickOnDetroit.com/sports.
News from across Michigan
- Report blasts Michigan State University's handling of sex cases
- WDIV/Detroit News poll: Most Michigan voters believe country on wrong track
For more Michigan News head to ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/michigan.
LOCAL 4 Good Health
For more go to ClickOnDetroit.com/Health.
More Local News pages:
- Detroit News
- Wayne County News
- Oakland County News
- Metro Detroit Jobs section -- find a job, or post a job
- Missing in Michigan -- missing person reports
Local 4 News show pages:
- Local 4 News Today -- ClickOnDetroit.com/morning
- Local 4 News at 6 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/6p
- Local 4 News at 11 -- ClickOnDetroit.com/11p
For more head to ClickOnDetroit.com/seen-on-4.
Submit a news tip
- Tell us what's happening in your community -- submit a news tip to Local 4 and ClickOnDetroit right here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.