Elementary students sickened by marijuana gummies
14 elementary school students as young as 5 got sick Monday after eating gummy bears containing marijuana, Cleveland police said.
Around the country:
- Texas: A vape pen is being blamed in the death of a Texas man after a medical examiner says it exploded while he was trying to use it. Read more.
- North Carolina: A University of North Carolina at Greensboro student found a man in her clothes going through her closet in an apartment just steps away from the college. Read more.
- Hawaii: The state of Hawaii is considering a bill banning cigarette sales to anyone under 100 years old. Read more.
- New York City: A nonprofit legal organization has filed a lawsuit against the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, New York, where inmates were subject to cold and darkness as a result of a fire in the switch gear room that caused a partial power outage. Read more.
Amazon names Starbucks COO to board of directors
Amazon has added Starbucks chief operating officer and former Sam's Club CEO Rosalind Brewer to its board.
Trump to deliver State of the Union speech
President Donald Trump will deliver his 2019 State of the Union address on Tuesday, Feb. 5 at 9 p.m.
Feds subpoena Trump inaugural committee
Federal prosecutors in New York on Monday subpoenaed President Donald Trump's inaugural committee for documents related to donors, vendors and finances, according to a copy of the subpoena reviewed by CNN, a step that appears to escalate that office's ongoing investigation of the committee's activity.
More POLITICS headlines:
- Stakes high for Stacey Abrams in Democratic SOTU response
- WaPo: Trump Org. fires at least 18 undocumented workers
- Paul Manafort to be sentenced March 13
- Trump's Iraq comment prompts confusion, condemnation
- Liam Neeson: 'I'm not racist'
- 21 Savage's English origins stun fans of the Atlanta rapper
- Andy Cohen welcomes baby boy Benjamin Allen via surrogate
- YouTube star pleads guilty to child porn charge