The NIGHTSIDE report -- Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019
Trump intends to sign spending bill, declare national emergency
President Donald Trump will sign Congress’ border security compromise, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday. The announcement removed the last ounce of suspense over the fate of a bill that would provide just a sliver of the money Trump wants to build a wall with Mexico but also would avoid a new government shutdown.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
Michigan Gov. Whitmer says news story on speech wardrobe "way out of line." Read more .
A high school cheer team is without a coach after a dispute over off-site snow day practice. Learn more .
Man targeted in carjacking fatally shoots attacker on Detroit's west side. Read more .
More than 50 dogs were recovered from a suspected hoarding situation in Sterling Heights. Learn more .
A Madison Heights businessman pleaded guilty to running a business that endangered the public and the environment, authorities said.
Wayne County investigation
An investigation into former Wayne County Sheriff's Reserve Deputy Mark Zarkin is raising questions from officials from Wayne and Macomb counties.
A Rochester Hills man who pleaded guilty to stealing money from his investment clients will spend the next nine years in prison.
Teens busted for drinking
Troy police busted 23 teenagers who were drinking underage at a party after an unconscious 16-year-old girl was rushed to a hospital due to a high blood-alcohol content, officials said.
- 2 Michigan school districts cut winter, spring breaks to make up snow days
- Bill Clinton offers eulogy at John Dingell's funeral in Washington
- GOP-led Michigan Legislature rejects Whitmer's environmental order in rare move
- Funeral Mass honors Rep. John Dingell in Washington
- Mother expresses gratitude to doctors after nearly dying during childbirth
- Heart of Detroit: Special Days Camp gives kids with cancer a chance to still enjoy childhood
- Southgate student wins inaugural all-girls state wrestling tournament
- Winterblast zip line hits Detroit
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.