Metro Detroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Monday, Feb. 18, 2019
Experts fear disease found in deer could one day spread to humans
Chronic wasting disease turns deer into so-called zombies and experts are worried it could one day spread to the human population.
The disease has spread to 24 states, including Michigan. The target zone in Michigan is 16 counties in the center and western parts of the state. There have been 60 cases confirmed.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
Protesters demand firing
Dozens of protesters marched outside the Detroit Police Department on Monday, demanding that an officer involved in sending a "racially insensitive" Snapchat video be fired as soon as possible.
National emergency declaration
People in Ferndale protested President Donald Trump's decision to declare a national emergency to build a border wall. Dozens of people participated in the protest. Participants displayed signs that read, "Build bridges, not walls," and "No Wall. No Abuse of Power. No Emergency."
Jussie Smollett attack
The men who were arrested in connection with the attack on Jussie Smollett are Olabinjo Osundairo and Abimbola Osundairo, Gloria Schmidt, the attorney for the two brothers, confirmed to CNN on Monday.
Video shows man get into sinking truck
An ice fisherman was pulled from a sinking truck Saturday morning in Lexington. Witnesses said the man was drunk. Video shows the man trying to get inside the truck, which was sinking after falling through lake ice, to retrieve items inside.
- Police solve mystery around death of Michigan man found outside friend's home
- Tuesday's 'Super Snow Moon' will be brightest of 2019: Best time to see it
- Trump mentions John James as frontrunner for UN ambassador
- Research: Gut bacteria impacts brain health
- Metro Detroit shoppers visit Payless stores for deals as company prepares to close locations
- Good Health: Flu risks during pregnancy
- Coyote spotted jumping yard fence in Chesterfield Township
- Michigan Rep. Debbie Dingell speaks at event on bipartisan cooperation in Ann Arbor
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.