Metro Detroit Crime Report -- Feb. 27, 2019
Lawsuit: Plymouth-Canton school officials did little to stop stalker
A recent lawsuit claims the Plymouth-Canton school district didn't do enough to respond to a Canton high school student's sexual harassment claims.
The student says she was harassed and bullied so severely she tried to kill herself, and now she and her mother are sharing the story with Local 4 Defender Karen Drew.
Mother of murder victim seeks answers
It was October 2018, a week before elections, and Anton Carter was going door to door to keep his neighbors informed.
He was in the Drexel-Hern area on Detroit’s east side when a man approached him and opened fire. Nearly four months later, Carter’s murder remains unsolved.
Crime by county
- Man accused of speeding, being on drugs at time of Detroit crash that killed his new wife
- Man flags down police after being shot in head outside Wayne State University
- Detroit police investigating carjacking on city's northwest side
- Man, 19, shot in chest, Detroit police searching for shooter
- Prosecutor: Off-duty Detroit police officer aimed weapon at guests at wedding reception while drunk
- Woman unhurt after suspected drunken driver crashes SUV into her Detroit home
- Murder investigation ongoing after woman killed, boyfriend hurt in River Rouge shooting
- Westland man accused of fleeing scene of Detroit crash that left passenger dead
- Detroit police seek hit-and-run driver who killed 34-year-old man walking in street
- Police seek persons of interest after shots fired at Ram's Horn in Dearborn
- Woman body-slammed on pavement after traffic dispute with man, woman in Dearborn, police say
- Suspect in Royal Oak hit-and-run crash arraigned
- Oakland County deputies say man fatally shot wife, hid gun in closet, killed himself with pills
- Commerce Township murder-suicide: Investigators believe man shot wife, then killed himself
- Man ignores barricade, killed by passing train in Royal Oak, police say
- Man dies after falling from Royal Oak parking garage
- Macomb County prosecutor Eric Smith, Executive Hackel spar over forfeiture fund probe
- 19-year-old woman accused of driving drunk in crash that killed Grosse Pointe man
- Family of minor fatally gunned down seeks answers
- Sterling Heights brothers arrested, charged with animal cruelty after more than 50 dogs recovered
View the full Crime News section at ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/crime.
Manage your ClickOnDetroit newsletter subscriptions here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.