Metro Detroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019
Deadly mobile home fire in Imlay City
Three children were killed and four other people were critically injured in an Imlay City mobile home fire that burned "immensely fast" with "extreme heat," according to police. Imlay City police Chief Scott Pike said officers were called around 3:05 a.m. Tuesday to a fire at a mobile home in the 2000 block of Elmont Street. The home is inside the Maple Grove Communities neighborhood.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
A massive crater on Southfield Freeway ramp to EB I-96 in Detroit prompted emergency repairs. Read more .
Snow could lead to a messy morning commute Wednesday. Learn more .
Some Michigan communities are opting out of recreational marijuana sales. Read more .
A Detroit woman is seeking answers after her son was killed while urging people to vote in the 2018 elections. Learn more .
School stalker lawsuit
A recent lawsuit claims the Plymouth-Canton school district didn't do enough to respond to a Canton high school student's sexual harassment claims. The student says she was harassed and bullied so severely she tried to kill herself, and now she and her mother are sharing the story with Local 4 Defender Karen Drew.
Massive fire Auburn Hills
There’s new information about a massive fire in Auburn Hills that could be seen from miles away. The fire broke out Tuesday morning in a fenced in area at US Farathane near I-75 and University Drive.
Fiat Chrysler announced Tuesday that the company is planning to build a new assembly plant in Detroit and invest $4.5 billion into five of its existing Michigan plants.
Royal Oak vacant house
Neighbors in Royal Oak said they've been complaining to city officials about a vacant house for nearly a decade. At first glance the house doesn't jump out as an eyesore, but a closer look at the lack of maintenance shows why residents are complaining.
- House votes to block Trump emergency declaration for wall money, sending issue to Senate
- Buddy's Pizza opening Downtown Detroit location
- Michael Cohen disbarred in New York
- House progressives unveil their Medicare for all bill
- Good Health: The hazards of ultra-processed foods
- Metro Detroit weather: Another snowstorm arrives overnight
- Experts provide critical fire safety advice after deadly Imlay City mobile home fire
- Woman struck in temple by foul ball at Comerica Park in 2015 still fighting legal, health battles
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.