Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu indicted
Israel's attorney general announced Thursday that his office had indicted Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on corruption charges after a two-year investigation.
Around the country:
- South Carolina: A man who was praised for buying $540 in cookies so two Girl Scouts could escape the cold has been arrested on federal drug charges. Read more.
- Los Angeles: An herbalist has been sentenced to jail time after the death of a 13-year-old boy with Type 1 diabetes for whom he recommended treatment with herbs instead of lifesaving insulin. Read more.
- Indiana: Thousands of artifacts, including a Ming Dynasty vase, an Italian mosaic and the bones of hundreds of Native Americans were recovered from Indiana home. Read more.
- California: Rain is diminishing Thursday around the Northern California town of Guerneville, which was turned into an island after the Russian River rose to more than 45 feet. Read more.
Report: White school districts get more funding
Predominantly white school districts in the US get $23 billion a year more than districts that educate mostly non-white children, an education advocacy group says.
J.C. Penney to close more stores
J.C. Penney is closing more stores after a weak holiday sales season. The company said it would be closing 15 full-time stores and 9 home furniture locations, but declined to release a list of stores that would be closing, according to USA Today.
Trump leaves Hanoi with no deal
President Donald Trump's Hanoi summit with Kim Jong Un, meant to demonstrate his diplomatic gamble with North Korea is working, instead ended with no joint agreement after Kim insisted all US sanctions be lifted on his country.
Cohen testies before House Intelligence Committee
Michael Cohen will face more questions from lawmakers on Thursday when he appears before the House Intelligence Committee in a closed-door session, the final event in a three-day run of high-stakes testimony from President Donald Trump's former personal attorney and fixer.
More POLITICS headlines:
- 6 takeaways from the Michael Cohen hearing
- Trump slams Democrats over Cohen timing, names him a liar
- DC attorney general subpoenas Trump inaugural committee
- Timeline of Cohen's allegations of Trump inflating his net worth
Report: Luke Perry hospitalized
Actor Luke Perry was hospitalized Wednesday after suffering a "massive" stroke, TMZ reports.
More ENTERTAINMENT headlines:
- Sneak peek: New Disney area to immerse parkgoers in a Star Wars story
- Marvin Gaye to debut on US postal stamps
- 'The Masked Singer' winner is revealed
- Oprah Winfrey hosting 'After Neverland' special