Otto Warmbier's family rebukes Trump
The family of Otto Warmbier rebuked President Donald Trump on Friday for siding with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, who denied knowledge of their son's maltreatment during his imprisonment.
Around the country:
- Los Angeles: A California woman who attacked a 91-year-old Mexican man with a concrete brick last year has been sentenced to 15 years in prison. Read more.
- New York: A New York man was arrested Wednesday after police said he faked his own abduction to avoid payment on a Super Bowl bet. Read more.
- California: A woman with the last name Meth was sentenced to two years in prison after authorities said she smuggled a fatal dose of methamphetamine to a California inmate last year. Read more.
- Chicago: A Chicago Midway International Airport passenger might have exposed people to measles there and at a Chicago-area hospital in the past week, Illinois health officials said. Read more.
- Missouri: A day care worker in Missouri was charged Thursday with child abuse after she was captured on a surveillance video throwing a 3-year-old girl into furniture last month, police said. Read more.
Study: Fish are disappearing due to climate change
Climate change is endangering fish worldwide, shrinking populations by up to 35% in coastal regions near China and Japan, scientists say.
PG&E acknowledges responsibility for Camp Fire
PG&E, California's largest public utility, said in its latest earnings report that while the cause of the deadly Camp Fire remains under investigation, "the company believes it is probable that its equipment will be determined to be an ignition point of the 2018 Camp Fire."
Democratic donor Ed Buck facing lawsuit
The mother of a man found dead in the Los Angeles home of Ed Buck has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the longtime Democratic donor, alleging that he injected her son with a lethal dose of crystal methamphetamine.
- Committee to pursue interviews with Trump family, associates
- New York Times: Trump demanded Kushner get top-secret security clearance
- Washington Gov. Jay Inslee announces 2020 presidential bid
- Joe Biden responds to criticism after calling Pence a 'decent guy'
- House passes 'Charleston loophole bill' on gun background checks
- Senate confirms ex-coal lobbyist Andrew Wheeler to lead EPA
SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT headlines:
- Star OF Bryce Harper reportedly signs 13-year, $330 million deal with Philadelphia Phillies
- Patriots owner Robert Kraft pleads not guilty to soliciting prostitution
- Oscar-winning composer André Previn dead at 89
- HBO chief Richard Plepler leaves network
- Jonas Brothers release new single 'Sucker'