Video shows stabbing of gas station clerk by man trying to steal candy bar
New video has been released of a vicious fight between a River Rouge gas station clerk and a man who stabbed him while trying to steal a candy bar, police said.
Mohamed Al-Hachami spoke with Local 4 from his hospital bed, saying he shouldn't be alive.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
The Detroit Lions released the full schedule for the 2019 regular season. Read more .
Detroit saw a drastic drop in the number of water shutoffs this year. Learn more .
A Livonia doctor was sentenced to more than 11 years for consiring to illegally distribute drugs. Read more .
There are now 43 confirmed measles cases in Michigan. Learn more .
The legalization of recreational marijuana in a number of states is creating new research opportunities and challenges for doctors.
Because of the way cannabis is viewed by the Drug Enforcement Administration, federal law has severely limited any research on marijuana. Now that it's legal in states such as Michigan and Colorado, researchers are able to collect more data on problems that hadn't been clearly identified.
Kelly Stafford is undergoing surgery Wednesday to remove a brain tumor.
Stafford, who is the wife of Detroit Lions quaterback Matthew Stafford, was diagnosed with acoustic neuroma, a slow-growing tumor on the main nerve leading from the inner ear to the brain.
Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said Wednesday that she’s open to allowing construction of an oil transport tunnel beneath the channel where lakes Huron and Michigan meet, despite previously halting work on a tunnel plan developed by her predecessor.
Mental health hotline
Legislation to create a permanent, statewide mental health hotline is advancing in Michigan. The state House approved the bill 99-8 Tuesday and sent it to the Senate for further consideration.
- Ex-state trooper found guilty of lesser charge in Detroit teen's ATV crash death
- Bill to create mental health hotline advances in Michigan
- North Korea tests 'tactical' weapon, report says
- Michigan county board votes to evict Planned Parenthood health clinic
- Community pitches in to help beloved Livonia landscaper solve equipment problem
- Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith reacts to state police raiding office
- Macarons are popping up everywhere - here are 3 places to try these popular treats
- National Mustang Day celebration in Dearborn
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.