ClickOnDetroit NIGHTSIDE report -- Thursday, April 18, 2019
Unknown substance found in Sterling Heights drain
Officials are investigating an unknown milky, white substance found in a Sterling Heights drain. Inspectors with the Macomb County Public Works Office said the substance is polluting Burr Relief Drain No. 2, which serves an industrial area in central Sterling Heights.
WATCH Local 4 News at 11
4 fast facts
A woman whose car was destroyed in a pileup and crash Wednesday in Detroit spoke about what she witnessed. Learn more .
A man is working to save Ann Arbor's Water Hill Music Festival. Read more .
A Detroit man was charged in connection with a hit-and-run crash that killed a motorcyclist. Learn more .
Lapeer County authorities are trying to ID a pair who may be connected to an out-of-state investigation. Read more .
Father of 5 fatally shot
Police are still searching for whoever killed a father of five who received a phone call, walked outside his home and was gunned down on the front lawn near the curb, according to officials.
The shooting happened at 9:26 p.m. Oct. 28, 2018 outside a home in the 14000 block of Blackston Street near Kendall Street on Detroit's west side, police said.
Employee saves store from closure
The owners of M&M Pet Supplies on Detroit's east side almost closed the business, but a longtime employee stepped up and can now call himself the owner.
M&M Pet Supplies has been in business for 52 years, but the owners were ready to retire.
A Detroit gym teacher has been suspended after he allegedly stayed in a hotel overnight with some of his students, district officials said.
The gym teacher at John J. Bagley Elementary School has been placed on administrative leave with pay while Detroit Public School Community District officials investigate the accusations.
Suspected drunken driver
Dearborn Heights police are searching for a man who sped away from a traffic stop when asked to perform sobriety tests, escaped officers during a high-speed pursuit and fled the scene of a crash on foot, according to authorities.
- Mueller report: Pres. Trump tried to choke Russia probe, oust Mueller
- Detroit police seek shooter after man killed at funeral repast
- New Holland Brewing Co. announces Michigan-only release of 17% ABV Dragon's Milk Triple Mash
- Woman accused of poisoning boyfriend's juice with Visine bound over for trial
- How decluttering your space can bring you a happier life
- Attorney General Dana Nessel warns residents of online pet scams
- Thieves end up trapped inside Warren business
- Man charged with involuntary manslaughter in shooting death of Inkster teen
Looking for something in particular? Find it here.
Tweets by Local4News
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.