Woman killed by fiance in murder-suicide inside Detroit home
A murder-suicide in Detroit left a woman and a man dead while guests and four children were inside the home, police said.
Family members told Local 4 Shinique Collins, 30, died Wednesday morning. Police said the man who asked for her hand in marriage two months ago shot and killed her in their apartment on the city's east side.
16-year-old Detroit boy facing charges after 13-year-old girl gives birth in toilet
A 13-year-old Detroit girl gave birth in a toilet Monday night, and members of her family said they didn't know she was pregnant.
Now, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy has charged a 16-year-old Detroit boy on suspicion of having sexual contact with the 13-year-old girl.
Crime by county
- Metro Detroit man hides retiree's mysterious death for 14 years to collect payments, feds say
- Redford Township police seek shooter after video shows shootout at gas station
- Detroit middle school student suffers broken nose, fractured eye after classroom attack over pencil
- Dashcam video shows traffic stop with possible drunken driver, high-speed chase in Dearborn Heights
- Detroit man kills dad, shoots mom because he thought they did something to his car, police say
- Detroit police looking for Farmington Hills man, 2 others after Greektown shooting
- Man shot on Woodward near Adams in Detroit
- 28-year-old man killed at Detroit home after argument about money
- 2nd grade student brings weapon to Dearborn Heights elementary school
- Detroit man charged with sexually assaulting 14-year-old girl
- Detroit woman shoots man armed with knife after he tries to get her out of home
- Royal Oak woman hears from stalker after moving to Michigan, concealing identity for 14 years
- 2 arrested after film crew finds body of missing Oakland County man hidden under pile of branches
- Pontiac man arrested after critical stabbing at liquor store, deputies say
- Pontiac man charged after stabbing victim found badly injured in car outside liquor store
- 2 arrested in connection to Lanard Curtaindoll's murder in Pontiac
- Pontiac man injured by debris from gunfire outside home
- Two wanted for retail fraud at Bloomfield Township Ulta Beauty store
- Farmington Hills residents wake up to discover house had been broken into, police say
- Thief uses credit cards stolen from vehicle at several businesses in Brighton, police say
- Man follows woman around Clinton Township store, pretends to shop, steals wallet from purse
- Man breaks into string of homes, businesses along 9 Mile Road in Eastpointe, police say
- Clinton Township stabbing victim forced to open safe, robbed of nearly $1K
- Shoplifter grabs items out of loss prevention officer's hands, flees Roseville Walmart
- Former Macomb County Clerk Karen Spranger released on bond after pleading not guilty to larceny
- Macomb County corrections deputy facing criminal charges arraigned
- 16-year-old leads police pursuit from Roseville to Warren
- Clinton Township student suspended for threatening 'kill list' in Snapchat group
View the full Crime News section at ClickOnDetroit.com/news/local/crime.
Manage your ClickOnDetroit newsletter subscriptions here.