Alabama Senate passes near-total abortion ban
Alabama sent the most restrictive abortion bill in the country to the governor's desk Tuesday night, with the state's Senate passing legislation that could punish doctors who perform abortions with life in prison.
Around the country:
- Las Vegas: The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has released video showing an incident in which a woman pushed an elderly man off a bus, resulting in injuries that led to his death. Read more.
- Tennessee: Police say a 3-year-old boy found a gun at his home in Tennessee and fatally shot himself in the face as his mother was doing drugs. Read more.
- Alabama: Relatives of a jailed Alabama woman are questioning how the woman became pregnant. Read more.
- North Carolina: Two weeks after being wounded in the UNC Charlotte shooting, Drew Pescaro walked for the first time under his own power. Read more.
- Minnesota: The man accused of throwing a 5-year-old over a third-floor railing at Minnesota's Mall of America pleaded guilty to the crime Tuesday, according to the Hennepin County attorney's office. Read more.
Report: US had lowest number of births in 32 years
The number of births for the United States last year dropped to its lowest in about three decades, according to provisional data in a new report from the National Center for Health Statistics at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Pa. attorney general sues Purdue Pharma
Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro says Purdue Pharma is responsible for an opioid epidemic that has ravaged the state. On Tuesday, he announced that he had sued the pharmaceutical giant over it.
Audio reveals pilots confronting Boeing over failure
Just months before a second deadly crash of a Boeing 737 Max airplane, American Airlines pilots angrily confronted a Boeing official about a computerized anti-stall system that preliminary reports have now implicated in both deadly wrecks, audio obtained by CBS News reveals.